Trulia: Senior Web Developer
Location: San Francisco
- Exceptional collaborative skills & philosophy, self-motivation, and communication skills
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, extensible, and scalable solutions
- 3+ years work experience developing with object-oriented PHP
- 3+ years work experience writing efficient SQL queries
- Working knowledge of source control and bug tracking tools
- Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience
- Demonstrated ability to build large-scale, complex systems
- Familiarity with MySQL, Lucene/Solr
- Understanding of web site performance concepts (client- and server-side)
- Comfort with shell scripting (bash, Perl)
- Experience working with automated QA (unit testing, TDD, etc.)
- Trulia’s engineers are passionate and smart. We have a lot of leeway on how we do our work, and take that responsibility seriously.
- We’re not afraid to try things that may not work. Two days each month are blocked off for “off-roadmap” projects; engineers can pretty much work on whatever they want during that time.
- We like to get things done with fast, maintainable code.
- We know a lot of things about agile development practices, and use what we know to get our work get done more efficiently and effectively. Have an idea on how we can do something better? Speak up, and we’ll try it out.
- We’ve got a stocked kitchen, fridges full of soda, and a kegerator.
- Trulia has a great benefits package, matches 401(k) contributions, and more.
To apply: Apply online at http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?aj=oVtfVfwi&s=37signals
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
122 total views, 1 today