Location: Redwood City, CA
We are a rapidly growing, well funded startup in Redwood City, CA, with a growing business, a working business model and a seasoned executive team. We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to help us take it to the next level.
If you’re passionate about distributed systems, large scale non-relational data stores, database performance, dimensional modeling, state of the art reporting systems and multi terabyte data warehouses, and are interested in joining a world class engineering team you might well be the person we’re looking for. This hands-on role contributes to the organizations success through expertise in large scale map-reduce systems, data modeling, advanced database programming, and database architecture and configuration. Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, large scale data processing as well as mastery of database designs and data warehousing.
Because we are a small team, your ability to communicate technical ideas effectively, in oral and written forms, and solve complex problems in a team environment will also be considered.
• Large data sets – design, implement the collection and the storage of data in a distributed environment.
• Scale the ad network – work on tuning and optimizing the delivery of ads in a network with thousands concurrent events, unique data scalability challenges and advanced ad selection techniques
• Database applications – Work with a group of engineers to help design and implement business and consumer based database applications. This will support large-scale, online application infrastructure in a 24×7 environment
• Collaboration on requirements – Work with the Engineering, Product Management and Sales teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line
• Keep it running – Help troubleshoot application operational issues.
• A degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (BS) is a must.
• Experience with Java, C++ or C# is a must.
• 1-6 years of relevant experience
• Experience with hadoop or anything similar, large scale database systems and processing, advanced applications building or application partitioning or is a must.
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of non-relational or relational databases a must
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus.
• Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
• Must be able to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical implementation
• Must be able to shepherd collaboration on projects between many teams, help with requirements gathering and end user training when the project is complete.
• Experience with Linux based OSs is a plus.
To apply: Apply Here: http://www.applytracking.com/track.aspx/2H9XV
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
262 total views, 1 today