TycoonU.com: Web / Visual Designer
Location: Delray Beach, FL and New York, NY
- Creating new solutions to unique design challenges
- Planning and sketching page wireframes
- Converting those wireframes into mock-ups
- Converting the mock-ups into HTML designs
- Creating stunning email campaigns
- Producing compelling digital and print marketing and packaging materials
- And the list goes on…
- Understands the basics of user experience design, typography, color and layout – It’s not enough to simply know one of these disciplines. As a visual designer at Tycoon, you’ll need to know ALL of them. We want designers who can think through a problem and its solutions from end-to-end.
- Has a passion for the web and design in general – We’re extremely passionate about what we do here. All of our instructors are former Wall Street brokers, traders, hedge fund managers, etc. We expect the same from our designers as well. We want you to LOVE what you do as we think it’ll help you produce more effective designs. So be prepared to tell us about your favorite designers, design books and blogs!
- Is results oriented and metrics driven — We’re always into building something beautiful, but it has to be something that works and helps to accomplish business goals as well. So we’re only looking for the mature visual designer who truly understands the delicate balance of user goals and business goals when it comes to designing a page. We also need someone who can check their ego at the door — we’re not into “design for design’s sake”, we’re driven by results and results alone. So we want designers who are familiar with (and worship at the altar of) A/B testing and multi-variate testing.
- Direct Response Marketing Experience is a HUGE Plus – As any designer here will tell you, half your job is to design, the other half is to make sure your designs make money! So we’re looking for folks who have experience with short-form email capture pages, sales pages, etc.
- Can communicate with everyone — As a designer, you inherently need to have strong communication skills. But at Tycoon, they’ll need to be exceptionally strong. Not only will you be working with our tech team and our marketing staff, but you’ll need to communicate with former Wall Streeters as well. We want someone who’s comfortable in any situation and can present a strong case and vision for their work.
To apply: Emails us at techjobs at tycoonu dot com – include the word "Designer" in the subject line. Pass along your work and your thoughts on why you’d like to work with us at Tycoon.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
156 total views, 1 today