University of Iowa: Webmaster
Location: Iowa City, IA
- Provide leadership and oversight for websites within the OVPR organization.
- Serve as primary caretaker of supported websites (core administrative sites).
- Design, implement and maintain websites and electronic communications.
- Manage projects and communicate priorities.
- Coordinate and facilitate communications with the VPR departmental web user group.
- Implement web standards and ensure compliance with 508 guidelines.
- Represent the OVPR on relevant campus groups such as the UI Web Support Group.
- Maintain professional development to stay current with trends, standards, and best practices used in web development.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain VPR website standards and user documentation.
- Provide advanced analysis and website consultation to supported administrative and research units.
- Provide content management training to staff who maintains departmental websites.
- Serve as a liaison to ITS and RIS to coordinate technical work and website hosting.
- Ability to listen and translate requests, offer design or architecture solutions that meet the needs of the department and communicate the message.
- Develop templates for improved electronic communications (newsletters, annual reports, training materials).
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience may also serve to meet this minimum requirement.
- Considerable experience (typically 3-5 years) in web development or website design in a secure environment.
- Experience with graphical design tools such as Adobe Photoshop or InDesign.
- Demonstrated skill employing HTML, CSS or related technologies to create standards-compliant web pages.
- Experience customizing and integrating with Content Management Systems such as Drupal.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects to a successful outcome.
- Knowledge of current web development trends, standards, and best practices.
To apply: Please visit the online job ad at http//jobs.uiowa.edu to review the complete job posting and apply for this position (Req # 58777).
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
227 total views, 1 today