Validity Solutions: Senior Software Engineer (C#)
Location: Orlando, FL
A high-tech, cutting-edge company in Lake Mary, FL (Orlando area) is looking for a top-notch sr. software engineer who is proficient in C#.
Senior Software Engineer (C#)
Location: LAKE MARY, FL US
Travel Involved: None/Not Specified
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Level: 5-7 yrs
Education: Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Expertise: Software Engineering
Compensation: 95K (but flexible) + performance bonuses (the company has paid performance bonuses for the last four years.
SCOPE: Perform functions to design, develop and implement software applications for the organization’s line of Windows based C# metrology products.
1. Receive feature specifications and requirements from Project Manager and provide accurate time estimates for completing development to specification following best practices.
2. Design, develop, and debug applications within established specifications using object oriented languages and third party tools.
3. Integrate modifications with existing code base.
4. Test feature implementations for defects, ensure code changes meet team standards and conventions, and verify implementation meets requirements.
5. Document design and implementation through UML, code comments, and design documents.
6. Write unit tests to operate and to test all elements of programs. Review results and refactor as necessary.
7. Maintain current code base through defect resolution as assigned by Project Manager and Team Leader.
8. Create replicable unit tests to prove defect resolution, and to ensure no other defects are introduced into code base as results of resolution.
9. Actively participate in code reviews, and take direction and feedback from Team Leader and other team mates to ensure code base integrity.
10. Identify, evaluate and provide input for the integration of new technologies for product and code base improvement.
11. Perform all required functions as a team member, including but not limited to, submitting annual performance review of team members; participate in hiring and termination discussions; attendance of team meetings; and productive participation in discussions.
SKILLS 1. 5+ years professional years C# experience 2. Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 experience 3. Demonstrated knowledge of Agile SDLC a PLUS 4. Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design to include ability to demonstrate knowledge of design patterns, anti-patterns, and strategies in theory and implementation. 5. Experience with documentation tools such as Doxygen and Document! X a PLUS 6. Experience with code profiling tools such as dotTrace a plus
PLUS OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO: 1. Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements. 2. Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules. 3. Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies. 4. Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production check lists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required. 5. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform other related duties as assigned.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Various mathematical, graphic, design and database software programs, computer and peripherals, mechanical and computerized measuring devices, and standard office equipment.
HIRING PREFERENCES: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, plus 5-7 years of experience.
1. 5+ years professional years C# experience 2. Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 experience 3. Demonstrated knowledge of Agile SDLC a PLUS 4. Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design to include ability to demonstrate knowledge of design patterns, anti-patterns, and strategies in theory and implementation. 5. Experience with documentation tools such as Doxygen and Document! X a PLUS 6. Experience with code profiling tools such as dotTrace a PLUS
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
208 total views, 1 today