Location: Missoula, MT
General purpose or Basic Mission:
As a Web Designer, you are expected to perform with minimal supervision while working on development projects. You will help guide the present and future generations of our web site design to enable a best in class customer service experience.
• Create robust social communities, increasing customer loyalty, growing our customer list, and assisting in lowering customer acquisition costs.
• Coordinating web based application software architecture with the Vann’s corporate team, clients, and project managers.
• Define, document, and communicate technical and architectural requirements for current and next-generation systems.
• Ability to create accurate resource estimates for development based activities.
• Provide a variety of software development life cycle activities including requirements definition, development, release, project management, configuration management, quality assurance, and application administration functions.
• Assist in the creation of a new development methodology paradigm to more attentively focus on business needs through rapid development initiatives.
• Assist with concept, design and development of client website to bring an internet-based product to market. This hands-on position requires an individual that thrives on delivering products and services that exceed customer expectations and establishes new customer experience benchmarks.
• Strong design skills are critical for independent and successful creation of web site, page and customer emails.
• Must be willing to continually watch for new industry standards and technologies and understand how those technologies may be applied to our architecture. You may be required to travel to and attend industry related trade shows and training opportunities. You may be required to attend continuing education classes as well as work toward certifications that may be required for the various technologies we employ.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Expert level experience using best-in-class software such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and InDesign.
• Ability to work through strategic planning, critical thought processes and develop a completed project in a timely manner.
• Strong project management, organizational and people skills are a must
• Minimum 3-5+ years in professional web design, marketing and architecture
• BS in computer, internet or multimedia related field preferred
• Experience in developing pixel-perfect cross-platform web applications with all major clients such as Explorer, FireFox and Safari
• Prior experience in E-Commerce related design and architecture
• Experience working with a back-end software engineering team
• Experience using an IDE tool such as Eclipse in a shared code environment
• Portfolio with references displaying examples of the required skills and experience
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
• TALKING – Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which workers must impart oral information to clients or to the public, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• HEARING – perceiving the nature of sounds. Used for those activities which require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discriminations in sounds, such as when making fine adjustments on running engines.
• Manual operation of multiple common office devices such as keyboards, mice, telephones, etc.
To apply: Apply online at www.vanns.com/jobs
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
179 total views, 1 today