Location: Chicago, IL
The Creative Director will be responsible for designing and providing oversight for the creative strategy, usability and design of Viewpoints.com and the Viewpoints Network partner sites. The Creative Director will be responsible for creating best-in-class user experiences and design throughout each site, while incorporating revenue-driving placements for advertisements and promotions. He/she will also be expected to understand the company’s strategic business goals to ensure that design initiatives deliver successfully against them. The Creative Director will manage the creative staff and will be responsible for the team’s work quality and performance.
He or she will oversee a team that is responsible for:
· Advertising and promotion design, including banner units and emails
· Site design, incorporating UX best practices
· Typography, iconography and usability standardization across each site
· New product offering design and page design
· Client comps, which may include branding and design recommendations
· Maintaining a design pattern library and ensuring the design system is clearly documented
The Creative Director will also work closely with front-end developers to ensure browser compatibility and that clear, logical associations exist between page designs, design systems and CSS strategies.
Other Key Responsibilities:
· Manage, mentor, and develop the creative team including full-time and contract designers
· Manage operational needs such as resource allocation and ensure team meets agreed upon deadlines
· Work with multiple company stakeholders to deliver products that fulfill internal and customer needs
· Collaborate with product team to ensure alignment of design initiatives with business goals
· Pitch concepts and mocks to stakeholders and senior management
· Proactively drive improvements to visual site design and usability
· Manage and review team’s internal and client creative deliverables (i.e. messaging, branding, communications/marketing plans and strategy documents).
· Provide coaching and development opportunities to team
· Offer innovative ideas by tracking industry trends
· 8-10+ years experience in the design field, with at least 5 years interactive design experience
· Strong concept development and graphic design ability
· Excellent understanding of composition, color, imagery, typography
· Experience with rapid interactive product design and development
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to pitch and defend design decisions that meet agreed upon business goals, while being receptive to feedback and demonstrating flexibility
· Demonstrated understanding of, and experience with, interaction design principles
· Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and inDesign
· Working knowledge of HTML, Flash and CSS
· Ideal candidate has experience working in an Agile development environment
· Experience with mobile design a plus
· Experience creating and working with site maps, user flows, wireframes, and other information design documents for web sites and online advertising
· Experience working with various online ad design specs and media requirements
· Solid experience creating Web graphics, animations, user interfaces, icons, style sheets, color schemes, templates and layouts, ensuring site-wide color and typeface standards and consistency.
· Experience and ability to manage, inspire and motivate teams to reach performance goals and excellence
About Viewpoints Network
With 2 million monthly users and 425,000 registered members, Viewpoints.com
is the second largest user reviews site among those that focus on product reviews, and sixth largest and fastest growing user reviews site overall. Viewpoints.com helps marketers reach two distinct and valuable audiences – in-market shoppers who are actively researching product purchases and social influencers who regularly share their personal experiences by writing reviews and participating in online communities.
Viewpoints Network also offers a hosted social technology service that helps leading retailers, brands and media companies achieve measurable business results by improving conversion, increasing organic traffic, acquiring actionable insights, and enabling and amplifying customer advocacy.
Clients include Sears Holdings Corporation, Procter & Gamble, Nintendo, Kitchen Aid, Whirlpool, Kraft and SC Johnson among others.
To apply: Please send resume to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
145 total views, 1 today