Location: Cary / Raleigh, NC
Unique opportunity for a partner-level position (no buy in) with ownership, profit sharing and high level of control over technical implementation of mobile game projects and defining Villain technical vision/direction.
Engineer will join an exciting new studio based in Cary, North Carolina. We are building on the success of Archetype with ground-breaking new freemium IP on the iOS platform and pushing the envelope with new technologies for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad devices.
Position includes company ownership, competitive compensation, health benefits, profit sharing, and an exciting work environment. For reals.
* Designing and implementing software architecture for our game projects
* Writing lion’s share of Objective-C code for our game projects
* Ensuring contractors produce quality code on deadline
* Evaluating contract programmers for hire (and full-time programmers as we grow)
* Working with producer and game designer to implement their vision
* Experience with OpenGL, OpenCL on iOS a plus
* Experience with Objective-C is a plus but not required
* Deliver consistently on deadline
* You must have shipped product — “real artists ship”!
* Ability to work well with others and appreciate constructive criticism
* Familiarity with integrating with server-side technologies (AWS)
* Energetic and willing to pitch in and help drive projects forward
Villain is a small publisher of games for mobile devices, based in Cary, North Carolina. We are best known for developing and publishing Archetype, a best-selling first-person shooter for iPhone and iPad recently inducted into Apple’s App Store Hall of Fame.
To apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
429 total views, 1 today