Location: San Francisco
Ever try drinking from a fire hose?
That’s what it’s like to be an engineer at Vizu, where every day we collect and analyze terabytes of data in real-time. The data sets that we deal with are stunning in their size, and pose enormous challenges in collecting, handling, analyzing, and storing so much information. We have an immediate opening for a talented engineer to join our back-end team and help scale our rapidly growing systems and company.
Who are we?
· Provider of the Web’s primary measurement platform for brand advertising (a $50B industry in 2012 and growing quickly). Some of our customers: Google, Yahoo, AOL, MTV, Disney, Amazon
· Growing very rapidly, doubling in size and sales each year for the past two years. We are 50 people today and have aggressive growth plans again for 2012
· A world-class group of people and work environment located in San Francisco
· An open-minded and innovative engineering team and environment. We use many of the latest open-source software, frameworks, tools, and cloud computing services
What kind of developer are we looking for?
· Actual experience (2+ years) working with Hadoop and related frameworks like HBase (experience with other MapReduce tools like Pig, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, and Infobright are good too)
· Strong objected-oriented skills as a Java Web developer (4+ years)
· BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent (MS or Phd a plus)
· A ridiculous attention to detail and pride in the work you do
We’re expecting you to be able to hit the ground running on your very first day. This means not only having the technical skills to code, but knowing how to work as part of an engineering team. It should go without saying that you know how to use source control in your sleep, be able to setup and administer your own dev machine, have worked with Eclipse or other comparable IDE’s, work with defect tracking systems, write proper code documentation, etc.
Search terms: MapReduce, Hadoop, HBase, Java EE, Spring MVC, Big Data, NoSQL, MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Pig, Hive
EOE/AA M/F/D/V Employer
No Recruiting Agencies!
No phone calls, please.
To apply: SUBMIT RESUME through this link:
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
157 total views, 1 today