Location: Washington DC, NYC, Austin, or Anywhere
We’re seeking an outstanding developer. You’re a smart, friendly, pragmatic problem-solver who’s passionate about making excellent products that are used by millions of people. Additionally, you:
- Are a self-starter who can take a challenging task and run with it
- Care deeply about the quality of your work
- Communicate well
- Have a solid grounding in object-oriented programming and fundamental computer science concepts such as concurrency, complexity theory, and algorithms & data structures
Ideally, you also have:
- Experience building high-traffic web applications, writing complex and efficient SQL queries, profiling and optimizing code, and devising and implementing caching strategies
- Built and deployed into production a non-trivial Ruby on Rails application
- Worked on small development teams and with remote team members
- Experience using a variety of programming languages and frameworks
- Passion for sports, gadgets, or video games
- Love or strong tolerance for animated GIFs and bad puns; competence with a nerf gun
For more on the things we’re building and problems we’re solving, see our product team blog
We encourage candidates of all experience levels to apply. If the above doesn’t describe you, tell us why you would be great at Vox anyway.
About Vox Media, Inc.
Vox is a technology-driven media company. Our mission is to empower the most talented web voices and their audiences with our exceptional publishing platform
. We develop the highest quality content, conversations, and applications for an audience of over 30 million passionate people around the world.
We got our start innovating in sports media with SB Nation
, the largest and fastest-growing network of fan-centric online sports communities. Last year, we moved into consumer technology news with The Verge
. Next up is games with Polygon
. It is an exciting time to be at Vox Media. Come join us.
This is a permanent, full-time position with benefits based in Washington DC, New York, or Austin (we’ll consider outstanding remote candidates). Our investors include Accel Partners, Allen & Company, and Khosla Ventures (some of the same people who invested in Facebook and Etsy). You’ll be joining a team of focused, hard-working, creative people
who are passionate about creating for the web, building tools to foster online community, and doing work that’s challenging and fun.
To apply: Submit your resume at http://jobs.voxmedia.com/apply/3xVXv8/Developer.html
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
461 total views, 1 today