Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washtenaw Community College is looking for an Internet Professional Instructor beginning the Fall 2011 semester (starting August 23, 2011). The Internet Professional Instructor is a faculty position that has a base load of 15 hours of class instruction. The instructor will teach courses in the Internet Professional curriculum, with a focus on web programming. In addition, the instructor will be expected to teach core courses in subjects such as web coding. Other major instructional responsibilities include curriculum development, service on college committees, and academic advising. This position reports directly to the Dean of Business and Computer Technology.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Instruct courses in support of the Internet Professional curricular.
– Participate actively in curriculum planning and development, assessment, syllabus writing, development of examinations, selection of learning materials, and program evaluations.
– Evaluate student progress through written examinations, assigned projects, and computer laboratory observations. Actively support student success through advising and assisting individual students.
– Maintain an active program of personal professional development related to both individual and institutional needs.
– Participate in department, division, and general faculty meetings, applicable college committee activities, and other forms of College service.
– Contribute to the work of the program advisory c-mmittee.
– In collaboration with other instructors in the Internet Professional Program, recommend strategies to maintain program articulation and certification and participate in cross-departmental activities/initiatives. Minimum Qualifications: – Master’s degree or equivalent education and work experience. A degree in a technology related field is preferred.
– Equivalent of two years teaching experience strongly preferred.
– Equivalent of two years full-time Internet work experience (including at least one year planning and developing websites on both Windows and Macintosh platforms).
– Expert knowledge of at least two server-side web development languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, C#.
– Experience using relational databases.
– Experience with XHTML and CSS; must be able to hand-code and not use WYSIWYG editors.
– Expert knowledge of web standards and coding standards-compliant websites.
– Strong understanding of, and experience with, multiple browsers and demonstration of expert-level proficiency in troubleshooting browser issues.
– Familiarity with principles of web accessibility and writing accessible code.
– Ability to comfortably and effectively work in a multi-platform environment.
– Excellent written and oral English skills
– Exceptional interpersonal skills.
– Eager to learn new skills and apply new technologies to teaching. Preferred Qualifications: – Proficiency in Flash and ActionScript.
– Experience with writing unit tests.
– Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
– Familiarity with version control software.
– Familiarity with e-commerce and conducting business on the web.
– Familiarity with visual design principles as well as creating and optimizing images for the web.
To apply: Fill out an application at https://jobs.wccnet.edu
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
403 total views, 1 today