Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washtenaw Community College is looking for a Systems Analyst II. This position will support the College’s information needs through the creation, testing, and installation of new and/or modified systems. This position will work with the systems staff and end users in creating system specifications and will provide technical assistance to other Information Technology Services staff as needed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– In coordination with a Systems Analyst III and/or the Manager of Systems Development, design, create, test, document, and install new and/or modified systems.
– Provide technical support for one or more modules of the College’s information system as requested and assigned.
– Provide technical assistance to other staff on system details and on the use of standard computer tools (report writers, utilities, etc.) required to meet user’s information needs.
– Work with end users and other systems development staff to create specifications for new programs, tables, forms and reports.
– Work with the end users to ensure that the data in the College’s information system is secure, accurate, accessible, and appropriately documented.
– Research and solve problems both independently and as a part of a team.
– Actively participate in meetings with other ITS staff and end users when appropriate.
– Understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
– Continually upgrade knowledge of and ability to use new tools and technologies.
– Perform other related duties as assigned by the Manager, Systems Development.
Minimum Qualifications: – Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required.
– Two (2) years full-time work experience in enterprise-level computing.
– Demonstrated ability using higher level computer languages (Java, Visual Basic, C, C++, SQL, or PL/SQL) required.
– One (1) year minimum full-time work experience a part of a team effort in creating and implementing information systems in a production environment.
– Experience using Oracle Developer, Oracle Database, UNIX and/or Microsoft Access.
– Experience in database and systems design concepts.
– Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with management and users of information systems is essential.
To apply: Fill out online app at https://jobs.wccnet.edu
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
252 total views, 1 today