Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Washtenaw Community College is looking for a Web Designer I. This position will take part in developing, coordinating, and operating the College’s website and design and maintain other web venues as directed in a forward-thinking, standards-compliant manner. This is a temporary position. No continuing employment rights are inferred.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
– Assist the Director and Web Designer II to design, create, and develop the user interface of the institutional web presence.
– Design the weekly homepage features. Direct the photography and coordinate assets for each feature.
– Gather, publish, and update College information
– Coordinate specifications, design, and maintenance of smaller projects.
– Monitor and maintain consistency and currency of information and links.
– Maintain cross-platform and cross-browser compatibility.
– Develop and maintain project documentation.
– Assist in maintaining the College’s social media sites.
– Perform other duties as assigned by the Minimum Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
– Associates degree with coursework in web design; or equivalent of two (2) years of full time web design experience in a production environment.
– Minimum of one (1) year experience creating original designs developing cross-browser/cross-platform compatible web sites. (samples required).
– Expertise in writing valid XHTML and CSS code by hand (samples of complex, table-less layout implemented using CSS and semantically correct markup required).
– Excellent eye for color, composition, interface design, and typography.
– Proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator.
– Solid understanding of web standards, usability and accessibility.
– Ability to work independently and as part of the Web Services team.
– Strong organization and communication skills. Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
– Experience with PHP.
– Experience developing advanced forms with Adobe Acrobat.
– Experience with web-connected databases, shopping carts/e-commerce.
– Experience with code source control (SVN preferred).
To apply: Complete an online application at https://jobs.wccnet.edu
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
223 total views, 2 today