Location: Chicago, IL
We are a venture backed, high-growth educational technology startup looking for a UI Designer. This person will design user interfaces for a suite of Web, Desktop, tablet and mobile applications. The UI Designer will work closely with the development team to design high-performance consumer apps. The Designer must understand complex business requirements and deliver creative UI designs, prototypes, and specifications to optimize the user experience.
UI designer will create complex user interfaces for a variety of applications, such as web, mobile devices, desktop/laptop and tablets. Interface design would involve screen layouts, information design, typography, color usage, and integrating corporate branding. They will also be expected to maintain these interfaces.
Usability testing is one of the most important functions of a UI designer. By conducting usability tests, UIdesigners can solve problems with interfaces and make them not only more user-friendly, but useful as well, by predicting how users will utilize each element of the design.
- Knowledge of W3C-compliant XHTML and CSS (hand-coding experience preferred)
- Experience with designing for consumer facing product software, SAAS (on-demand), or transactional consumer Web sites (e-commerce, etc.)
- Experience working in Subversion, CVS, or other version-control environments
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Visio
- B. S. or B.A in user interface design, human factors, cognitive science, graphic design or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of UI design experience using novel web 2.0 concepts.
- At least one year of UI design experience on mobile platforms: iPhone/Android
To apply: Drop an email to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
216 total views, 1 today