Location: Chicago, IL
We’re hiring a Principal UI Designer
We have an immediate opening for a Principal UI Designer with at least 5 years of proven work experience to work at our office in Chicago. Not in Chicago? We can help you get here.
We need an anchor for our business. Someone eager to create the UI and UX precedents we haven’t established in the past. You’re a paper pusher. You’re a pencil pusher. You have a strong voice amidst a disciplined team of developers. You will be the first of many on the design team so long as your work proves a point.
What you’ll be working on:
Products & Services
We’re hip deep in feature development on DoneDone (www.getdonedone.com
), our web-based issue tracking app, and we’re kick starting a new project management product almost immediately. The products need your cohesive UI and aesthetic vision. This is a clean slate for you.
We have a strong and rapidly growing consulting business working for companies like Chicago Symphony Orchestra & Hewlett Packard as well as building a suite of online financial and retirement tools which service hundreds of thousands of employees around the country. You will be the evangelist for their UI and UX best practices.
Our entire We Are Mammoth presence, from website to business cards to client gifts, needs your confident hand to lead it into the next 5 years of business.
What you’ll be delivering in chronological order:
- Enough self-discipline and know-how to create a narrative for this company’s designs and interfaces.
- Research: competitive analysis, user persona definition, business requirements gathering.
- User experience: sketches, interaction design, feature stories, wireframes.
- Interface design: Mock ups, photoshop comps
- Graphical design: Branding, sales, and marketing collateral
- Testing and Analytics: Full browser & functional testing of your interfaces. Traffic and usage analytics reporting, research, and remediation based on statistics in addition to heart.
- Bonus points for any HTML/CSS/jQuery skills you may be able to contribute.
Tell us a bit about your approach
Pick some feature, element, or facet of design and explain how you would approach an overhaul. What’s the first thing you would do. What’s the last. How would you prove your designs hit the mark?
Take some liberties. If you’ve got a better way of proving your relevance here, we’re all ears.
To apply: In addition to telling us about your approach, provide links to an online portfolio as well as a resume demonstrating relevant work experience. Send it all to email@example.com.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
202 total views, 1 today