Location: SF Bay Area
Inside Network, a division of WebMediaBrands (NASDAQ:WEBM), is looking for a new Ruby/Rails Developer to joins its team in handling the growing need for Social Media Research and Analytic Products offerings. Since 2009, Inside Network’s industry-leading Social Media research and data products have served analysts focused on this growing industry. This new position will allow an enthusiastic individual to be part of one of the fastest areas of marketing and business analysis going on today. We are looking for a core developer that can be an impact player for our tight team of product and developments groups.
The position will have a primary focus on our WWW.APPDATA.COM
site, but with client demands and our own expansion plans in place, we need to grow to meet demands. With offices located in the San Francisco Area (preferred) and New York, we are able accommodate both coasts for this unique opportunity.
We have real revenues, real customers and a powerful Ruby based analytics platform for social applications. Our challenge is to scale up our engineering team to the next level and we’re looking for our next engineer. We’re an all Ruby and Rails show with a variety of needs both front end and back end, so we’re looking for a generalist. In a given day, this person will tackle tasks that range from tweaking the front end, implementing new features to spinning up a new multithreaded crawler. This isn’t a sketch-pretty-thins- on-a-whiteboard job — it’s about rolling up your sleeves up and writing some code. We’re strong believers in doing things right though — we believe in pair programming, full test coverage and decent engineering practices.
* Work within the development team to produce new feature/functionality for our growing product offerings and provide ongoing support for web site(s) sustainability
* Work with development team and product team to define requirements and developing technical specifications
* Use best practices for software development and assure designs meet requirements
* Deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
Required skills and experience:
* Strong Ruby and Rails 2.3.x skills or Rails 3.x a plus
* Minimum 1 year professional software development experience using an agile methodology
* Minimum 1 year commercial Ruby application development experience
* Background in RSpec or Test::Unit and a demonstrable understanding of good unit and functional test writing
* Experience in integrating third-party API and remote application interaction logic
* Experience with large datasets and large set optimization
* Solid understanding of Git source control
* Ability to assess & diagnose coding problems and refactor code efficiently
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Self-managed proactive work style. Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills. Able to work independently and in a team environment
Advantageous skills and experience:
* Experience with writing threaded applications
* Experience with all phases of product development life cycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and operational support
* Experience with MySQL query optimization
About Inside Network:
Founded in 2006, Inside Network is the leading provider of original market research, data services, news, events and job listings on the Facebook platform, social gaming and mobile applications ecosystems. For more information and to visit our sites, see http://www.insidenetwork.com
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a very generous benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, paid vacation/sick/personal/company holidays, 401K, fitness reimbursement, FSA, commuter discounts, and more!
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
151 total views, 1 today