Location: San Francisco, CA
WestEd – Voted Best Places to Work
Position Title:ASP.NET Application Developer (Temp to Perm)
Hourly Rate:$ 70.00
Location:San Francisco, CA
WestEd, a nonprofit research, development, and service agency, works with education and other communities to promote excellence, achieve equity, and improve learning for children, youth, and adults. While WestEd serves the states of Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah as one of the nation’s Regional Educational Laboratories, our agency’s work extends throughout the United States and abroad. WestEd has 17 offices nationwide, from Washington and Boston to Arizona, Southern California, and its headquarters in San Francisco.
The ASP.NET Application Developer is a key member of a development team that works closely with clients and staff to build capacity through web application projects. The team is based in our San Francisco office in the SOMA area and this is a temp to perm position.
The ASP.NET Application Developer’s major responsibilities include the following:
· Develop web based solutions using the .NET framework.
· Work closely with team members to ensure overall quality and integrity of web-based applications.
· Consult with clients to ascertain and define needs or problem areas, and determine the scope of investigation required to architect and develop a solution.
· Document results and outcome of solution
You will be working on fresh code for a high-profile project, still under production. Your time will be spent working in a small team maintaining this code as well as making upgrades for new features–the system is continuing to grow.
The development team has implemented and continually refines a series of best practices. Developers peer-review code before it goes to QA, development and staging servers are automatically updated as code is checked in, and we have a robust process related to task management in relation to both developer work and stakeholder acceptance.
· A strong background of web application development in a WISA (Windows/IIS/SQL Server/ASP.NET) environment
· Proven development experience using some combination of ASP.NET and VB.NET or C#.NET.
· Strong SQL knowledge, particularly Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server Management Studio
· Knowledge of user interface design of Web applications
· Ability to communicate effectively with clients and develop a clear understanding of their needs.
· Desire to learn new technologies as part of a multi-platform development shop
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Reliability, a professional attitude, and a willingness to do what is required in a cooperative work setting.
· Work well as part of a team as well as independently.
· Experience with LINQ, particularly LINQ to SQL
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or Telerik Reporting
· Database-driven Web site application development using technologies such as PHP, Perl CGI or Ruby on Rails
· Experience handling accessibility concerns
· Strong cross-browser HTML and CSS skills
Please provide a short code excerpt for us to review, with an eye towards demonstrating what you feel are your strengths as a developer. Briefly explain why you have selected your sample. If your sample is available online, a link to it will suffice. Include your excerpt (or link) and its description in our application form’s cover letter field, after your cover letter.
Alternately, if you are active on Stackoverflow.com and feel that some or all of your Q&A history demonstrates your knowledge and communication skills, include a link to your profile and links to some of your best work on the site, with a brief note explaining your selections.
This is a VB.NET position, so evidence towards proficiency in VB or C# is best, but you can use any language you like.
730 Harrison Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
WestEd is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Positions are open until filled.
To apply: Apply Online at: http://www.wested.org/cs/we/view/hr_pos/3303?x-t=we.record.view
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
214 total views, 1 today