Location: Austin, TX
WhaleShark Media was founded in 2009 and is the world’s leading marketplace for coupons and deals. The company’s websites connect consumers seeking savings with discounts from more than 100,000 top merchants, stores and retailers.
You will be joining a fast-growing start-up with more than 100 million unique visitors who shop our deals sites every year.
Our culture is smart, collaborative and motivated. Our people are passionate about driving the business from vision to implementation to delivery, with measureable results. WhaleShark Media employees are energized by their ability to work in a highly flexible environment where their decisions can have a visible and immediate impact on the company’s bottom line!
UI/UX Interactive Designer – Mobile Applications
About the role:
We’re looking for an experienced UI/UX Interactive Designer to work in our Mobile Applications team across our array of mobile platforms projects. We are a small team of passionate professionals looking for someone to help lead and transform our visual identity as we move into mobile. We’re dedicated to creating a suite of connected, cross platform experiences that are simple, fun and friendly.
Responsibilities & Project Work:
· Work closely with Product Management and Interaction Designers to understand and translate product requirements into engaging and high quality visual design solutions
· Create multiple sketches, illustrations, visual compositions etc. to help outline the intended user experience of the product
· Develop conceptual design storyboards to illustrate the behavior of the products and user personas
· Working within the technical constraints of the various platforms, create beautiful visual designs to complement the work of experienced UX designers.
- Cross Platform (iPhone, iPad & Android) application design experience
- Proven professional experience in the design industry, preferably from mobile, e-commerce, social games, or online media
- Understanding of interaction design and working with interaction designers
- Understanding of use cases and user personas in the design process
- Experience of working with wireframes and design specification documents
- You have enough technical experience that you can comfortably express and react to the technical and user interface limits of mobile and touch interfaces.
- Experience prepping assets for delivery to development across platforms
- Understand User Experience in order to solve challenges with visual design
- Experience of visualizing concepts to demonstrate ideas
- Have a passion for design principles such as composition, color, form, layout and typography
- Thrive working in multi-disciplinary teams with other illustrators and creative
- Very good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, CSS, HTML
- Can create beautiful iconography an UI design
- Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience designing for mobile web a plus but not required
Rewards: We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of WhaleShark Media include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Equity grants
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service.
- Very competitive benefits packages
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at WhaleShark Media are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
To apply: If you are interested in our UI/UX Interactive Designer – Mobile Applications role, please visit us at http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?cj=oAv7VfwR&s=37Signals to apply online.
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
1540 total views, 1 today