Location: Amsterdam, NL
Whatser is a platform that connects people and the businesses they like. Whatser lets people organize their favorite spots and share them with friends. Download our iPhone app and try it out.
The Whatser platform is powered by a Rails 3 service. It’s a JSON API and an admin site. The API powers our iPhone and Web (including Facebook) clients. We’re searching for a knowledgeable Rails developer who can juggle the analytics, API, scalability and social linking needs of our service.
You work together with the product lead, mobile developer and our UX designer to determine the technical requirements for API features, admin site changes and analytics needs. Given the requirements you make of choice of technologies and development approaches to implement a scalable, testable, future-proof system.
– Demonstrable experience designing and implementing APIs (using Rails)
– A good understanding of service scaling and how this relates to model design and database selection for cloud-based apps
– A good grasp of standard web development practices (HTML5+CSS+jQuery)
– Experience with the various Facebook APIs (Graph API, Facebook Canvas Apps, etc.)
– A keen interest in location based apps and services, both consumer facing and for developers
– A friendly, practical attitude
For bonus points:
– Experience with OAuth2 authentication schemes
– Experience with the Sphinx fulltext searching system
The position is on-site in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
237 total views, 1 today