Location: Philadelphia, PA
Wonderful Machine is seeking a full-time Web Developer with 1-2 years of experience writing websites and applications in PHP. Job responsibilities include the ongoing maintenance of the company’s websites, including a custom CMS system and a WordPress-based blog as well as the ability to plan, architect and develop features for new and existing web properties. The job also requires light IT work, including basic skills in Linux server administration and knowledge of OS X. You will be responsible handling data backups and ensuring our WHM / Cpanel based web server stays running.
Skills we require:
• Absolutely must be able to work independently with little outside direction. You will be called upon to be a technology expert.
• Strong skills in writing object-oriented code in PHP5+.
• Proficiency in mySQL and general knowledge of database design and best practices
• Must have an understanding of SCM tools (we use Git).
• Must be comfortable with both OS X and Linux environments and server technologies like Apache.
Skills that would be nice to have:
• Experience with Zend Framework
• Knowledge of PHP 5.3
• Experience with an ORM technology like Doctrine, Hibernate or ActiveRecord.
• Experience building WordPress templates
• Some Ruby knowledge
• Advanced knowledge of the Linux command line
Wonderful Machine connects commercial and editorial art buyers with an eclectic mix of high-quality photographers across a broad range of specialties and locations.
We’re offering $40k to start, plus 2-1/2 weeks paid vacation, health insurance after three months and IRA matching after one year.
To apply: To inquire further please send a cover letter and a description of your past work experiences w/ examples, to our CEO, Bill Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
262 total views, 1 today