www.yodle.com/careers: Director of User Experience
Location: New York, NY
Working at Yodle means being a part of something big. Our employees are a fundamental part of Yodle’s success. We are committed to hiring amazing people that are hungry to revolutionize the industry. Yodle is one of the fastest growing companies in the industry as recognized by INC 500 and American Business Awards. We reward hard work and offer a tremendous opportunity for career advancement. We offer daily breakfast, coffee, a fun and supportive work environment, and excellent benefits. Oh, and did we mention, we wrote the book on Local Online Advertising? Literally.
We are looking for a Director of User Experience responsible for managing our team of talented front end designers/developers. You will build our UX approach and define best practices in all UX disciplines while delivering on the company’s roadmap obligations on-time and on-budget. You will work in an agile environment and play a critical role in centering Yodle’s approach around its most critical user-base. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong customer focus and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and drive for results.
• Lead the vision, strategy, and execution of the user experience and site architecture for all our digital experiences at Yodle. You will be responsible for cross-functional leadership to support the most effective strategies, including identifying brand image strategies, customer-centric user experience and design solutions that deliver on our business goals and ensure consistency over all our design methods.
• Will be a mentor for design teams and execute the methodologies and processes that will be used in the design and development lifecycle using the agile process.
• Manage, develop and grow a team of UX designers/front end developers, graphic and web designers and overseeing all aspects of product design, creative direction and corporate brand identity.
• 6+ years of experience as an Interaction Designer or UX lead
• Implemented user-centric UX best practices as part of a significant UX team
• Experienced implementing/using UX pattern and components libraries
• Understand UX research methods and practices
• Concrete experience doing usability studies, personas studies, remote user-testing
• Great Information architecture skill and interaction design experience
• Deep knowledge of visual designs best practice
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and communicate results to management.
• Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Management experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
What we offer to you:
• An opportunity to further enhance your skills and refine your talent
• Competitive base
• Tuition assistance
• Health/Dental benefits, 401 (K) plan
• Great work environment – we have fun!
• Accessible and open-minded leadership
• Opportunity to work with smart people and learn a lot about one of the fastest growing industries
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
176 total views, 1 today