Location: San Francisco, Ca
A chance to join a fast-growing start-up in Silicon Valley focused on the
emerging social commerce trend backed by the same guys that brought you Facebook and Groupon.
Based in the heart of San Francisco near all public transportation and surrounded by a lively start-up community, Yardsellr is focused on building the next generation e-commerce platform by helping people buy and sell anything through their online networks. In the tradition of real yard- and garage-sales, we make it easy for regular people to list and sell, or find and buy whatever they want by spreading the word through social and messaging networks, Facebook, Google and Twitter.
As one of the early Software Engineers you will be working with a fun team of talented engineers who are excited about real product innovation and solving complex problems using cutting-edge open source technologies. If you’re looking for a job where someone hands you a full spec that you’ll just implement verbatim, this is not the position for you. Instead, we’re looking for excellent coders who use their imagination with every feature they build to delight users.
We’re building a new social e-commerce platform to drive multiple marketplaces and need solid Java engineers with experience in SQL, Spring, Hibernate, REST, etc. to help build the platform and scale it to millions of users.
Required Skill set:
• BS (MS preferred) from a top tier engineering school with a consistently good academic record
• 4+ years of industry experience, start-up experience preferred
• Independent, self-driven, and passionate about delivering for the end-user
• Experience delivering effectively in a fast-paced environment, highly adaptable
• Expertise in Java and Java frameworks including Spring AOP and Hibernate
• REST/web service experience (creating and consuming)
• Strong database modeling and SQL skills, MySQL experience preferred
• Proficiency with Linux/Unix and open source tools/platforms
• Hadoop/HDFS, Map/Reduce, HBase/NoSQL
Be a part of a company with a true Silicon Valley start-up culture and a team that provides you an opportunity to showcase your individual skills to deliver for our valued customers.
To apply: Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
208 total views, 1 today