Location: San Francisco, CA
Yelp has been connecting people with great local businesses since 2005. Yelp has grown to become the #1 local review and recommendation website, attracting over 38 million unique users per month and has over 2 million users on mobile clients (iPhone, Android, etc…).
What you need to know about Yelp Engineering:
Team size? 40 engineers and 1 dog named Darwin.
Release cycle? Daily, sometimes multiple times a day.
Code-reviews? Required on every check-in.
Source control? Git, duh.
enabled kegs? 1 so far but more to come.
Hackathons? Every six months.
Unit-tests? Lots of them. We use buildbot and testify. Required as part of every check-in.
* Manage complex technical projects and a team of software engineers
* Willing to roll up their sleeves and code alongside their team
* Enjoy providing frequent and constructive feedback
* Able to coach and mentor junior and new college graduates
* Participate in the hiring process
* Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts
* Previous experience as a technical lead or manager
* Agile development experience
* Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc…
* Comfortable working in a Unix environment
To apply: Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don’t forget to mention any technical accomplishments and leadership successes. Apply at http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?bj=ovLbVfw6&s=37signals.
View full post on Recent Programming Jobs
188 total views, 1 today