Yelp: Yelp is hiring an Internal Applications Product Manager!
Location: San Francisco, CA
lead the creation of mission critical applications. In this role you
will use analytical and problem solving skills to provide Yelp’s many
different departments with the applications they need to grow at a fast
pace. Your products will make us more efficient and will be the engine
behind making Yelp an even better website.
- Design intuitive, elegant interfaces that will help support Yelp’s various departments
- Work with our all-star engineering team to hone and iterate on your ideas
- Identify, analyze and prioritize new features
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end.
- Strive for design perfection but love to release and iterate
Cred: CS or similar degree so you can talk to our enginerds about
Python, map reduce jobs, and naive Bayesian algorithms without a
- Problem Solver: Love to figure out complex problems and constantly think about how to make processes more efficient.
- Design Chops: While Yelp PMs hold technical degrees, we’re also
passionate about design and have either schooling or significant
experience building beautiful sites or apps. You should, too.
- Passion about the Space: You love the world of social networking, local search, and consumer websites.
- Non-Nerd Empathy: You’re interested in FriendFeed, Twitter, etc. as
much as the next nerd, but you also recognize that you’re designing for
a non-techie audience.
- A Conditional Love for Yelp: Like a BFF
or a tee ball coach, you should love us but also be able to tell us
what we’re doing wrong. You’ll need to be able to dish out the
criticism here and take it, too.
- A Need for Speed: Daily release cycle? Bring it!
To apply: Send us a note sharing why you fit the requirements above and ideas on how you would improve Yelp!
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
180 total views, 2 today