Location: San Francisco, CA
has been connecting people with great local businesses since 2005. Yelp
has grown to become the #1 local review and recommendation website,
attracting over 36 million unique users per month and has over 2
million users on mobile clients (iPhone, Android, etc…).
What you need to know about Yelp Engineering:
Team size? 40 engineers and 1 dog named Darwin.
Release cycle? Daily, sometimes multiple times a day.
Code-reviews? Required on every check-in.
Source control? Git, duh.
enabled kegs? 1 so far but more to come.
Hackathons? Every six months.
Unit-tests? Lots of them. We use buildbot and testify. Required as part of every check-in.
* Manage complex technical projects and a team of software engineers
* Willing to roll up their sleeves and code alongside their team
* Enjoy providing frequent and constructive feedback
* Able to coach and mentor junior and new college graduates
* Participate in the hiring process
* Excellent typing ability in the presence of flying nerf darts
* Previous experience as a technical lead or manager
* Agile development experience
* Command of your favorite modern programming language: Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C++, etc…
* Comfortable working in a Unix environment
To apply: Interested in applying? Sweet! Share with us why you want to work at Yelp and don’t forget to mention any technical accomplishments and leadership successes.
Want to join the team? Apply now!
View full post on Recent Design Jobs
237 total views, 1 today